Christmas Markets of Austria, Germany and Switzerland
Brochure Type: TT Europe Winter 23 24 v2
Fill your festive cheer with candles, carols, snowflakes and stollen as you wander past heaving market stalls and pay tribute to old-world traditions, local craftsmanship and mesmerising city backdrops.
- Explore Vienna and Salzburg with a Local Specialist
- Discover Munich, Oberammergau, Innsbruck and Lucerne
- Visit the Christmas Markets of Vienna, Salzburg, Munich, Innsbruck, Lucerne and Vaduz, the capital of Liechtenstein
- View Mozart's birthplace in Salzburg, the Marienplatz in Munich, the Golden Roof in Innsbruck and the Lion Monument and Chapel Bridge in Lucerne
- See stunning alpine scenery
- Salzburg: Waltz through Salzburg with your Local Specialist seeing some of the sights that featured in the filming of the 'Sound of Music'.
- Lucerne: Join a local family for an exclusive Be My Guest experience and Farewell Dinner in their home.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (888) 429-2905 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16973921
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2022
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Vienna||Welcome to Vienna: Write your very own Christmas story on a festive foray to some of Europe's most magical Christmas markets. Our journey begins in Vienna, which you will have an opportunity to explore before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for an orientation drive followed by a Welcome Reception with drinks and a light meal.|
Hilton Danube Waterfront
|Day 2||Vienna||Discover Vienna's Spectacular Christmas Markets: Join your Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour of the Austrian capital, from its Parliament and City Hall to the grand State Opera House and Hofburg Palace, once the winter palace the Habsburgs, one of the most powerful royal houses of Europe. We feed our Christmas spirit with a visit to the enchanting Christkindlmarkt this afternoon and feast on delicious gingerbread and Gluhwein, wandering past wooden stalls piled high with handcrafted toys, seasonal gifts and tasty festive fare.|
Hilton Danube Waterfront
|Day 3||Munich||Journey to Munich Dive Into Culture: Venture along the scenic Danube Valley to Mozart's beloved Salzburg, where we'll Dive Into Culture with a Local Specialist on a walking tour to see the Mirabell Gardens and other sights that featured in the filming of the 'Sound of Music'. Later, travel past beautiful alpine landscapes to Munich, the capital of Bavaria. This evening, we dine at our hotel.|
Holiday Inn Westpark
|Day 4||Munich||Enjoy Bavarian Munich's Magical Christmas Markets: Bundle up warmly and join your Travel Director on an orientation tour of one of Germany's liveliest cities. Embrace the festive cheer in Marienplatz with its impressive Town Hall and the ornate Glockenspiel. Then, spend the rest of your day savouring the sights, sounds and smells of Munich's Christmas market - a dazzling display of twinkling lights, carols and a magnificent Christmas tree. Continue your feast and indulge in Munich's unrivalled hospitality with an optional visit to enjoy the Gemutlichkeit atmosphere at one of Munich's most traditional restaurants.|
Holiday Inn Westpark
|Day 5||Innsbruck||Off to Innsbruck: We leave Munich behind and travel through the romantic Bavarian countryside en route to Oberammergau, which hosts the poignant Passion Play every ten years. Admire the village's intricate woodcarvings and elaborate frescoes depicting Bavarian themes before continuing to Innsbruck. Indulge in delicious Kiachl doughnuts at the bustling Christmas market before returning to your hotel for dinner.|
|Day 6||Lucerne||Venture to Lucerne: A winter wonderland beckons as we see the ski jump that towers over Innsbruck before continuing to Vaduz to view its turreted castle, perched perfectly above the Liechtenstein capital. Our final stop today is Lucerne, where we'll spend the next two nights. Our orientation tour of the city takes us past the sad Lion of Lucerne and the famous wooden Chapel Bridge.|
|Day 7||Lucerne||Explore Lucerne's Festive Glittering Lights Connect with Locals: Embrace the Yuletide cheer in true Swiss-style during a visit to Lucerne's Christmas market at Franziskanerplatz, in the heart of the city's Old Town. Ramble past traditional wooden stalls, a warm mug of Gluhwein in hand, and admire the swirling Christmas carousel, filled with the joyful sounds of happy children. The rest of the day is yours to spend at leisure or to join your Travel Director for an Optional Experience to the peak of a nearby mountain top. Later, we celebrate our magical journey together during an exclusive Be My Guest experience filled with Christmas cheer as you Connect With Locals in their home.|
|Day 8||Journey Home||Journey Home: We bid a festive farewell to our travel companions, returning home with magical Christmas memories. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class