2020: Russian River Cruise (6960)
11 days from St. Petersburg to Moscow
Call (888) 429-2905 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14885671
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2020
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||St. Petersburg||Welcome to Russia! If you arrive early, embark on to your cruise ship, store your luggage on board, and start discovering St. Petersburg with the help of the CosmosGO app. Check into your cabin will be available from 4 pm. (D)|
|Day 2||St. Petersburg||Admire St. Petersburg's historic center on the included orientation with photo stops (entrance fees not included). Take in highlights such as the Old Stock Exchange and Rostral Columns, the Winter Palace facade and Nevsky Prospect with the ornate onion-shaped dome of the Church of the Resurrection and St Isaac Cathedral. After an included lunch, visit PETER AND PAUL FORTRESS AND CATHEDRAL, and the HERMITAGE MUSEUM, housed in the Winter Palace of Catherine the Great. Founded in 1764, this is one of the largest museums in the world., with a collection of over 2.7 million items. In the evening, choose from a range of optional excursions. (B,L,D)|
|Day 3||St. Petersburg||Spend the day exploring independently or take part in an optional excursion to the Lower Park at Petrodvorets, famous for its magnificent fountains and impressive views of the Gulf of Finland. This evening set sail on the Neva River and enjoy a 'getting to know you' show on board. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||Mandrogui||Built to resemble a traditional Russian hamlet, Mandrogui is set amid attractive parkland on the banks of the Svir River and is peppered with wooden buildings topped with colorful tiles and ornate carvings. Enjoy the shops and artisan workshops before indulging in a tasty Russian treat, a succulent shashlik kebab. In the afternoon back on board, there will be a Russian language and Russian dance lesson with live music in the bar this evening. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||Kizhi||Cruise to Lake Onega's picturesque island of Kizhi for a visit to the impressive MUSEUM OF WOODEN ARCHITECTURE. Famed for its distinctive Transfiguration Church with 22 cupolas, the UNESCO World Heritage Site is also home to many other ancient wooden buildings, painstakingly relocated from all over Russia. Return to the ship, and join this afternoon's activities including a Captain's bridge tour, a Russian tea party, and a classical music concert after dinner. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||Goritsy||This morning, enjoy a traditional Russian song class while cruising across the White Lake to Goritsy, a quaint village near the famous Kirill-Belosersk (ST. CYRILL) MONASTERY. In the afternoon, learn more about local sacred art at the Monastery's MUSEUM OF ICONS. Back on board, join an optional Matryoshka painting lesson, and dance the afternoon away, if you wish. After dinner, enjoy a concert and more dancing. (B,L,D)|
|Day 7||Yaroslavl||Yaroslavl, one of Russia's 'Golden Ring' cities. View the city's highlights on the included sightseeing coach tour. See the exterior of the Church of Elijah the Prophet before visiting the colorful local markets, the CHURCH OF ST. NICHOLAS the Miracle Worker, and the GOVERNOR'S HOUSE interactive art exhibition. Return to the ship before setting sail and enjoying an authentic Russian dinner as you cruise. There will be folk music and dancing at the bar tonight. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||Uglich||Another 'Golden Ring' city, Uglich is one of Russia's best-loved towns. Explore this fascinating, 12th-century village on a walking tour, including the former KREMLIN, the haunting CHURCH OF ST. DMITRY ON THE BLOOD and the TRANSFIGURATION CATHEDRAL. Lunch will be on board the MS Chernishevsky, followed by afternoon activities, including a presentation on Russian traditional crafts, a Russian language lesson, and Russian songs. In the evening, relax as you enjoy the Captain's dinner followed by a talent show, which is open to everyone. (B,L,D)|
|Day 9||Moscow||This morning, sail the Moscow Canal to Russia's capital, one of the world's most impressive and interesting cities. Explore Moscow on an included afternoon city tour, admiring highlights such as the colorful onion-shaped domes of St. Basil Cathedral, the legendary Red Square, Novodevichy Convent, and spectacular views from the Sparrow Hills. Spend the rest of your time in Moscow at leisure. (B,L,D)|
|Day 10||Moscow||Marvel at imposing red-brick roofs and extravagant palaces on today's included visit to the famous KREMLIN. View historic Cathedral Square, where gleaming gold domes and cupolas sit atop three of the Kremlin's best-known architectural treasures: the Dormition, Annunciation, and Archangel Michael Cathedrals. This afternoon, you can choose to attend the optional excursions available, or take a coach transfer to the city center for your independent sightseeing (extra cost). Enjoy a final dinner on board tonight. (B,L,D)|
|Day 11||Moscow||Check out after breakfast and disembark. Tour ends in Moscow. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on lower deck double cabin occupancy.Supplement to middle deck cabin per person: $500Supplement to middle deck single cabin:$670Triple lower deck cabin available on request. No triple cabin on middle deck.Due to visa requirements, passengers desiring extra nights in Moscow and/or St. Petersburg must book these independently.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Cosmos Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Cosmos offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Cosmos in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Cosmos has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).