GLOBUS 2020: Spectacular Spain (ZY)
8 days from Barcelona to Costa del Sol
You'll experience the best of Spain on this vacation that includes an overnight in Granada and two-night stays in Barcelona, Madrid, and the Costa del Sol. Spain is a country steeped in history, and on this tour, you'll have an opportunity to see some of its historical sites as well as its well-known museums and churches. Special tour highlights are the Sagrada Familia Basilica, Gaudi's masterpiece, and the Prado Museum in Madrid. One of the most prestigious art museums in the world, the Prado houses 8,000 pieces of Western painting!Enjoy an exciting ride on the high-speed AVE train from Barcelona to Madrid. In Granada, a city with more than 1,000 years of recorded history, visit the Alhambra Complex. The Alhambra was a palace, citadel, and fortress for the Nasrid sultans and their servants, elite soldiers, and high officials from the 13th to 14th centuries. Time on the Costa del Sol gives you a chance to relax, enjoy the sandy beaches, and browse the trendy boutiques. On this Spain tour, Globus has also arranged some out-of-the-ordinary experiences for you. For example, visit beautiful Malaga, and enjoy a traditional tapas tasting. Throughout your tour, you'll be accompanied by an expert Tour Director and Local Guides who will bring each city to life with in-depth, first-hand knowledge of the cities' histories, sights, cultures, and secrets. They may even teach you a few words of Spanish! Between the sights, museums, scenery, and experts, it's a Spectacular Spain vacation.
Call (888) 429-2905 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14472403
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Barcelona||Welcome to Barcelona! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Barcelona||Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Columbus Monument, Plaza de Cataluna, and Paseo de Gracia. Visit the spectacular SAGRADA FAMILIA BASILICA, Gaudi's masterpiece, followed by a panoramic view of the city and harbor from Montjuic Hill. Choose from our optional excursions to make the most of your stay. (B)|
|Day 3||Madrid||Board the high-speed AVE-TRAIN and arrive in Madrid, capital of Spain since 1561. (B)|
|Day 4||Madrid||Madrid today is a strikingly modern city, the showcase of a country resolutely turned towards the future. Your Local Guide takes you to the Puerta del Sol, Plaza de Espana with its monument to Cervantes, the Parliament, Cibeles Fountain, elegant Calle Alcala, and Paseo de Castellana. Today's highlight is a visit to the palatial PRADO MUSEUM, founded in 1819, and considered to have one of the finest collections of European art of the last 8 centuries, with the works of Goya, El Greco, Rubens, Titian, and more. An optional excursion to Toledo is available. (B)|
|Day 5||Granada||history-steeped Granada. See the sights with a Local Guide and visit its main attraction, the ALHAMBRA COMPLEX. The mighty yet graceful citadel was planned by 13th-century Moorish ruler Al Ahamar. A fantasy of 'lace in stone' surrounded by arabesque gardens and fountains, it affords superb views of the Old Quarter and Sacromonte, a mountain occupied by Gypsy cave dwellers. Also amble through the magnificent WATER GARDENS OF THE GENERALIFE, the royal summer residence. This evening, [LF] dinner has been prepared at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Costa del Sol||Turn towards the sea, away from the mountains, and stop in beautiful Malaga. After your orientation, [LF] a traditional tapas TASTING at one of Malaga's lively restaurants awaits before arriving at your comfortable hotel on the Costa del Sol. (B)|
|Day 7||Costa del Sol||A full day at leisure allows you to join an optional excursion to the Rock of Gibraltar, in British hands since 1704. Later, enjoy the sandy beaches, and browse through the trendy boutiques. This evening, a farewell dinner at your hotel, is the proper way to say adios! (B,D)|
|Day 8||Costa del Sol||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. The nearest airport is Malaga. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $590Triple room reduction per person: $50Extra nights per person in Barcelona:in single room $155-$323, in twin $97-$188, in triple $86-$167Extra nights per person in Costa del Sol:in single room $158-$194, in twin $90-$116, in triple $87-$109
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).