2019: British Highlights with London (9065)
7 days from London to London
Your budget-friendly tour of Britain will be the highlight of your travelogues for years to come. You'll set out from London to the Welsh capital of Cardiff. On the way, you'll visit mysterious Stonehenge and stop in the elegant Georgian city of Bath. You'll travel through the lovely Cotswold Hills with their honey-colored limestone villages to Shakespeare's Stratford-upon-Avon. Your tour of Britain's highlights includes a drive into the tranquil Lake District, often considered to be the finest of England's national parks. Then, visit Gretna Green, where the blacksmith used to wed runaway couples before making your way through the history-steeped Lowland Hills to Edinburgh. Visit Edinburgh Castle and see the Scottish Crown Jewels, known as the Honours of Scotland. Certain departures include a special treat: a performance of the world-renowned Military Tattoo-Scottish pipe bands en masse, performing on the esplanade of Edinburgh Castle. Continue exploring Britain with a Monograms vacation package in London. From Edinburgh, you'll travel via express train to London. Your Local Host will be on hand to assist you with sightseeing and dining recommendations. Your value-minded Britain vacation in England, Scotland, and Wales is one to remember for years to come.
Call (888) 429-2905 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14464767
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Check into your hotel. In the afternoon, there's time to rest or to explore the lively British capital. Uniformed hosts are available to help you make the most of your day. Tonight, dinner followed by a leisurely cruise on the Thames River would be fun.|
|Day 2||Cardiff||Meet your Tour Director and traveling companions and depart at 8 am for a memorable day of sightseeing. First, try to unravel the mystery of prehistoric STONEHENGE; explore the visitor center with its imaginative exhibitions, then take the shuttle to the stone circle and admire the magnificence of the monument up close. Across Salisbury Plain, head for the elegant Georgian city of Bath, famous for its Roman relics. Your overnight destination is the Welsh capital of Cardiff and later, consider an optional Welsh evening with dinner and entertainment. (B)|
|Day 3||Chester||Today, travel through the lovely Cotswold Hills with its honey-colored limestone villages to Shakespeare's Stratford-upon-Avon, where you will have time to explore the town at your own pace. The afternoon is dedicated to North Wales. Take a stroll in picturesque Llangollen, home of an annual international contest for poets and musicians. Spend the night in Chester, the historic county town on the Dee River. (B,D)|
|Day 4||CHEDINBURGH||Drive into the tranquil Lake District, often considered to be the finest of England's national parks and recently awarded UNESCO World Heritage status. Then, visit Gretna Green, where the blacksmith used to wed runaway couples before making your way through the history-steeped Lowland Hills to Edinburgh. A suggestion for this evening: enjoy a traditional Scottish night out with Highland dancers, bagpipers, and, of course, the Ceremony of the Haggis. (B)|
|Day 5||Edinburgh||A full day to enjoy the Scottish capital. Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide introduces you to the 200-year-old 'New Town,' home to famous scientists, inventors, and novelists. In the 'Old Town,' visit EDINBURGH CASTLE to admire Scotland's Crown Jewels. Afternoon at leisure. Later, a unique optional experience: board the former Royal Yacht Britannia. Tour five decks and see how the Royal Family and crew of 240 lived and worked on board. Dinner rounds out this optional evening. For departure numbers July 29 through August 19, tickets are included for tonight's performance of the world-renowned MILITARY TATTOO, a vast spectacle of massed Scottish pipe bands that takes place in an arena on the esplanade of Edinburgh Castle. (B)|
|Day 6||London||Travel by EXPRESS TRAIN (standard class) to London. Your Local Host is available to help you make the most of your stay. (B)|
|Day 7||London||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $420No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in London:in single room $147-$208, in twin $90-$137, in triple $64-$113between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).