Brochure Type: At Leisure USA and Canada 2018
Set your watch to the slow, sultry drawl of America's Deep South-a lazy sojourn from Savannah's magnolia blossomed avenues to the jaunty cobblestone streets of Charleston, South Carolina-stately homes, lush tea plantations and some good ol' Southern hospitality are yours to discover At Leisure.
- City tour in Savannah, Hilton Head, Charleston
- Visit Fort Pulaski, the First African Baptist Church, Harbor Town Lighthouse, Middleton Place, Charleston Tea Plantation
- 7 full breakfasts
- 1 lunch
- 3 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (888) 429-2905 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13703835
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Savannah||Arrive Savannah (2 Nights): Slow it down, right down, Savannah-style. Saunter along the grand boulevards of Georgia's oldest city and sip mint juleps on filigreed Victorian patios to the steady clip-clop sound of horse-drawn buggies rolling by. Your leisurely day in charming Savannah ends with a Welcome Reception to meet your travelling companions who will join you in discovering new southern stompin' grounds. Welcome Reception|
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Historic District
|Day 2||Savannah||Savannah Sightseeing: Take a gentle ramble today along the tree-lined boulevards of historic Savannah by trolley. See this Southern Belle's American Revolution and Civil War history in grand tree-lined squares, stately homes and bastions like Fort Pulaski, where you'll learn how the Union Army besieged the Confederates in what would become a turning point in military history. Tonight, join the Odom family for a Be My Guest dinner of a Lowcountry boil at their Tybee Island beach house.Full Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 3||Hilton Head||Savannah - Hilton Head (2 Nights): The corridors of Savannah's 18th century First African Baptist Church are your first stop today. Join your Local Specialist who will tell the story of this defender of the Civil Rights movement in the South, whose floorboards once hid slaves making their brave journey up north. Then, stretch your legs along the Savannah River, visit a quaint waterfront cafe, shop for art and antiques on River Street or sit back and watch the world go by from your buggy seat. Later, depart for the historic island retreat of Hilton Head.Full Breakfast|
The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort and Spa
|Day 4||Hilton Head||Hilton Head At Leisure and Sightseeing: Hilton Head is no stranger to visitors from afar. Today, we'll learn how this now popular Lowcountry island, once home to fleeing French Huguenots and British colonists, sowed the seeds for Southern plantation life as we know it. Climb to the top of the Harbor Town Lighthouse for magnificent views of the resort town and perhaps enjoy a delicious waterfront seafood lunch on your own before joining your Local Specialist, a historian who will share the story of the previously enslaved African American Gullah community, who have kept their unique culture and Creole language alive for centuries. Tonight, you'll enjoy a traditional Regional Meal with new friends.Full Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 5||Charleston||Hilton Head - Charleston (3 Nights): This morning, wind your way north to the sleepy state of South Carolina, the smell of centuries-old camellia, magnolia and roses linger in the air as we stroll around the stately Middleton Place, America's oldest landscaped gardens, and home to four generations of the Middleton family. Then it's just a short Charleston hop for an afternoon at leisure and optional dinner cruise on the harbour featuring live entertainment. Your hotel for the next three nights is situated in the heart of the charming historic district just steps from the shops and restaurants.Full Breakfast|
Renaissance Charleston Historic District
|Day 6||Charleston||Charleston Sightseeing and At Leisure: Your morning begins with an amble through historic downtown Charleston the way its noble residents would have centuries ago-glimpses of beautifully preserved 18th century homes, church steeples and American Civil War heritage on display from the comfort of your horse-drawn carriage. Enjoy a lazy lunch at the Charleston Tea Plantation and gain Cultural Insight into how tea lies at the heart of Southern hospitality during a visit to the only tea plantation in America.Full Breakfast, Lunch|
|Day 7||Charleston||Charleston At Leisure: Today is yours to explore the cobblestone lanes and oak-lined boulevards of Charleston-from Rainbow Row's pastel Georgians to the shutters and doors of palatial homes daubed in stark Charleston Green harking back to the American Civil War, whose first shots were fired on nearby Fort Sullivan. The jaunt through the Old South comes to an end this evening as you enjoy a Farewell Dinner together.Full Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 8||DEPART CHARLESTON||Depart Charleston: Bid farewell to the Holy City with a transfer to the airport for your flight home, or extend your stay at the Renaissance Charleston Historic District.Full Breakfast|
- These departures will operate as per the 2017 brochure. Itineraries, durations, hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class